If you bring your car into an auto shop regularly to check out your brakes, not only will you stay safer on the road, but you will also be able to address noticeable changes, get better fuel economy, save money on repairs, and stop more quickly. Avoid serious repairs and reap the benefits of better brakes by regularly taking your car to a trusted auto care center!
Address Noticeable Changes
If you’ve noticed that anything has been off when you employ your brakes, this will be a good time to learn why before the issue escalates. Small problems can indicate the potential for big issues in your performance. For instance:
- If your brakes have been noisier or started squealing lately, it may be time to replace your brake pads.
- A grinding or scraping sound could mean that your disks are damaged.
- A change in the firmness of your pedal feel could indicate a much bigger issue!
- Issues that would be assumed to be caused by your brakes could, in fact, be caused by damage in a different part of your car.
To keep your car running strong and yourself safe, talk to your trusted technician about any noticeable changes in your braking.
Maximize Fuel Economy
A damaged component of your braking system, along with bad braking habits, can ultimately result in lessened fuel economy. Optimal brake function will minimize the stress on your vehicle by sustaining your ability to stop smoothly. Checking your brakes regularly will allow you to maintain this, preventing wear and tear to your tires and suspension system and saving you money at the pump!
Minimize Repair Costs & Stopping Distance
The friction that stops your car can also cause components of your braking system to deteriorate over time. When you keep up on repairing and replacing these components, you’ll minimize your bill and safety! For instance:
- Failing to replace your brake pads in time may result in them wearing away completely, potentially causing damage to your brake disks. While the pads are cheap to replace, disks will bring up the bill considerably!
- If you don’t periodically change out your brake fluid, which is easy and inexpensive, consequential corrosion can cause you to lose a lot of money in the long run!
To confidently stop within a safe amount of distance, you’ll need your brakes to be in good health. Getting your brakes checked regularly will help you to maintain safety out on the road and allow you to stop suddenly, should you need to.
If you live in Utah, get the best quality auto care—including brake diagnostics, repairs, and replacements—by taking your car to the nearest Master Muffler!
We’ve all heard it-- the rumbling sounds of a Mustang’s V8; the rapid-fire blat blat blat of a modified Honda Civic; or the rasp of a Subaru WRX. The unique configuration of a car’s exhaust system is responsible for all these sounds and more. Regardless of the type of vehicle you drive, every exhaust [...]
Did We Mention That We're Now Master AutoTech? The reason behind a new face. We've changed our name, but our great service remains the same! With Master Muffler becoming so well-known in many towns, you must be thinking about why we chose to rebrand. As one of the most dependable, [...]
We all know that the brakes are one of the most important safety features of a car. But did you know that there are different types of brakes, and each type has its own advantages and disadvantages? In this blog post, we'll take a look at the different types of brakes and what every driver [...]